Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Super Simple Dinner Fix: Slow Cooker Chicken/Beef BBQ

A lot of times, I have no energy to make an elaborate dinner after running around , playing with the kids, appointments, chores, etc. What I do is I put the chicken/beef (even if it is frozen) straight from the freezer to the slow cooker, well after unwrapping it and rinsing it. I set the slow cooker on high with the protein and a little bit of water (like 2 tbsp.) , that's about 7 a.m. then I go about my day fixing breakfast, take the kids to school, appointments, etc. then when I get home for lunch at 12 p.m. I lower the slow cooker to low. Then proceed to do chores, errands then pick up the girls. When I get home, the chicken is falling of the bone and I can just pick the bones off or the beef is so tender, I take a fork and spoon and shred the protein , sometimes I take it out of the pot but that's extra work, so I just poke through the meat in the pot LOL.Oh oil and juices will accumulate in the pot so just pour out the liquid. if you took out the meat, put it back in the pot. Then the magic happens , I sprinkle the meat with BBQ sauce (store bought). Voila! Shredded Chicken/Beek BBQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment