Sunday, July 23, 2017

Summer Friends

Today, my daughters had a play date with their friends from camp. First I was nervous because I did not know the families, the girls had arranged the play date themselves. They told their mom who talked to the counselor and the counselor gave me their number so I texted them, I don't know why LOL.
The play date was awesome! The other mom brings up a good point that it is nice to have camp friends because when the girls have bad days in school, they know they have other friends to turn to. They are diversifying their social life. Another great thing about the play date was one of their friends had two dads, and I suddenly realized that this is the first time they actually became friends with someone who had two dads! I pride myself for being a city mom with city kids and enroll them in art and performance classes with gay instructors and we watch the gay pride parade, but to be exposed to a different family other than ours is a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment