Monday, September 4, 2017

blinged out backpacks

Today, the girls and I decorated their plain black backpacks. Fist up was the youngest one entering Kindergarten, we cut out felt shapes....her sister made one, I made one and Emma made some too! we even put googly eyes in some of them then I remembered I had premade felt shapes. Then for the zipper pull, I made a smiley face out of perler beads and attached it with a ribbon.

Then for Maya, I gave her some lace and she ran with it, she actually covered the front of the backpack with lace. I made her flower rosettes with a bead setting n the middle. She made a little glue mess on the edges of the backpack , which gave me a teachable moment. I gave her some rhinestone strips and fabric tape to cover it up. Contrary to what her father says, I still believe in beautiful oops...there are no  such things as mistakes in crafting, you can cover it up and it will even be more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment